Type I/ Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC):
Applications / mixes ordinary reinforced concrete, which do not require special types of cement) that need to withstand high strength
Examples of use:
- Ready-mixed concrete
- Bases and foundations
- Concrete preparation in cold weather
- Bridges and build towers
- Concret Roads.
Type II/ Sulphate Resistant Cement (SRC):
This type of cement is different from the rest of the other types,to distinguish low aluminate content tri-calcium aluminate ratio which is responsible for interaction with the Sulphate ions in the soil or water which prevents volume increasing of concrete and the occurrence of cracks in areas where the soil contains a high proportion of Sulphate.
Examples of use:
- Concrete pipe exposed to water with a high percentage of Sulphate s water marshes and sewage
- Marine works such as ports and platforms (which may need to bear high strength)
- Bases and foundations (that need to withstand high power
- Sewage plants (bases of construction and foundations).
Type III / Pozzolana Portland Cement(PPC):
This type of cement distinct because of its specifications differ from other types of cement is made up of (70% -80%) Portland cement plus (15-20%) Pozzolana a black (volcanic) materials hundred percent natural silicon and aluminum, taken from volcanic mountains not directly exposed to any interactions or chemical additives therefore advised to use where there is any damage or disadvantages of the various uses and which gives itselfa great value advanced (ASTMC618-73).
The use of Pozzolana Portland cement isRecommended in areas containing soil riches with salts dissolved in the cement, construction industries and infrastructure projects in areas with sandy soil containing silica free desert such as areas with very cold climates such as the northern areas of the Ki
The characteristics and advantages:
- Plays a role in making the mixture of cement, elastic and flexible (interior and exterior finishes).
- Reduces the heat generated from the first phase of water is added
- Can prevent the alkali blocks interaction
- Reduces the permeability of cement due to its high smoothness.
- Improve the properties of plastics and cohesion (suitable for cement painting).
- Thermal insulation (saving electric power for lighting and air conditioners) consumption Noise absorption and helps in sound insulation (reduces sound
- Increases the fire resistance ability (due to the containment Pozzolananational silica and alumina, it can withstand high temperatures that occur duri
- Health- friendly material is not harmful to the environment (natural materials do not contain organic materials and has no smell and does not export t
- Resistance to salts (construction which carried out on the nearby salt water seashores or rich soil of soluble salts, which do not require bearing hig
- Resistance to weatherchanging with time passing (ancient and historical constructions consist of volcanic source rocks, especially very old Romanian p
- Health- friendly material is not harmful to the environment (natural materials do not contain organic materials and has no smell and does not export.
Examples of use:
- Factories of all kindsof Bricks Block.
- Concrete pipe exposed to water with a high percentage of Sulphate s (water marshes and sewage, which does not require bearing very high strength.
- Small sewage plants.
- Small Bridges which is constructed to control the flood water in areas where the soil contains a high concentration of free Sulphate and silica (northern areas, the city of Jeddah, Medina).